Monday, February 3, 2014

What do you do?

I studied art in school. I've done some freelance work since then, but not enough for me to consider it as "what I do for a living." My main source of income comes from my serving job.

When you first meet someone. The question that will eventually, if not immediately, come out of their mouths will be, "what do you do?" I always say I'm a waitress. 


It doesn't ever evoke the "wow that's cool" reaction from this new person.


I made a decision.


From now on, I am going to tell people that I am an artist. With the hope that if I do it enough, I will believe it and it will become a reality.


The next new person I met. I waited for the question. I was ready. 


This is exactly how that interaction went.





He saw right through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment